Friday, April 3, 2009

Divine intervention

I blogged out a letter to God but chose to delete it.

.
I am not mad with God. I have many questions. I'm broken and searching for answers and comfort from Him.

.
Nonetheless, midway, I deleted it. I am struggling and hurting. I am all for sharing my heart. But I would never want someone who is searching to fall on that one blog and by reading into my struggles instead deduct from it that God does not answer our prayers.

.
I still beleive God does answer prayer. I still can't understand how, why, or when. But I beleive that He hears our cries. I think that He does intervene when we ask Him to..just not always in the way we would have liked.

.
I asked God last night why He didn't hear my prayers, why He didn't make my father's spot disappear, why it had to happen now?

.
I asked God "Why didn't You intervene?"

.
I don't think I have often experienced God 'speaking' to me directly. At least not in this way..
But I am assured this time. So I will go ahead, at the risk of sounding terribly cliche and say it...God spoke to me.

.
God said this.
'How do you know that I didn't intervene?'
.

Yup..that's it. Nothing fancy. No thunderous words. No bright lights. Just one question, one sentence that completly interrupted my train of thought.
That one sentence... says a whole lot..

No comments: