Thursday, June 27, 2019

In the Midst of It All




Although I would rather not feel another heartache ever again, in the midst of it all, I can't stop thinking about what I will gain from it. I truly believe that a broken heart is an opportunity for us to lean into God, a moment where our heart is open to the brokenness inside & around us.It is a reminder that, in the midst of it all, God is waiting open arms to receive and hear our cries.

It reminds me about having idols in our lives and how sometimes, these idols, although amazing, will never replace the incomparable unconditional love of God. It reminds me to trust in Him, to keep my eyes and heart on Him not only in my valleys but as well on my mountain tops. To continually praise Him. He will sustain me. He will restore my heart. He is the only who is the same yesterday, today and forever. He does not change.

As my heart ripped open once more and the pain radiated thru my chest, I couldn't help but think of all of the trials I have faced in my life and how they have changed me. I think they have made me more empathetic, compassionate towards others and much less likely to judge. Every person has their battles, some bigger than others. Every person has faced heartache at one time or another. Some have heardened their hearts, not willing to trust again, not wanting to risk the pain of another heartache.

For myself, I pray I learn and grow from this. I pray this pain brings more healing. I pray that my actions speak nothing but grace and humility; that I not react from a place of hurt, may I not retaliate in anger.  May God be glorified. If it brings someone to wonder- who is this God she always relies upon for comfort?
...then the pain is a blessing and I should count it all as joy, even, in the midst of it all.


2 Corinthians 1:3-7
All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is our merciful Father and the source of all comfort. He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us. For the more we suffer for Christ, the more God will shower us with his comfort through Christ. Even when we are weighed down with troubles, it is for your comfort and salvation! For when we ourselves are comforted, we will certainly comfort you. Then you can patiently endure the same things we suffer. We are confident that as you share in our sufferings, you will also share in the comfort God gives us.


No comments: