Monday, July 23, 2007

Remembering..

June 16th 2007 .
Out of the blue, when I least expected it, through someone I least expected ... Jesus knocked on my door. All this time, all my life, I was walking- no - running in utter darkness. On June 16th... I was told to stop running... on June 16th, I was pointed in another direction... I was told to go THAT WAY.

After that one knock.. that one glimmer of light... I witnessed unbeleivable and beautiful things. Although I always had the choice to continue blindly through this wretched life.. how could I?
I met Jesus.

Since that day, my life, in such a short time has changed in ways I could not even imagine. I have changed in ways even I sometimes have trouble grasping.

It has been such a beautiful month. It has been a difficult month.

I write this now because I must hold on to what I have seen and felt. I REFUSE to turn my back.

I have lost many 'friends'... the phone has stopped ringing.. the nights out have grown few.
It is a choice I have taken. One that is not always easy to accept.

Nonetheless.. I must remember.. I must trust... Which path is better? The dark path filled with others walking with you.. which leads you nowhere? OR The temporarily lonely path with a light shining at the end?

Remembering... Trusting.... I choose to walk towards the light.

I choose to go That Way.... His Way.

1 comment:

Elie Mak said...

Isaiah 9:2
The people walking in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of the shadow of death a light has dawned.