Sunday, July 29, 2007

Thoughts

Praying...
I feel that often we pray asking for what we want, desire, or feel we need. My understanding is that what we want is not always what is best.

I do beleive we do receive some things on silver platters.. but they are gifts. Free gifts. Simply because he loves us.

I ask that I be able to give him everything of me on a silver platter. May he hold my wants, desires and needs. May I be able to lift both hands in the air and let him decide. Let him take away what should not be and let him give me what should.
"If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given. But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering: for he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. For let not man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord"
James 1:5-7


Who am I to know what is best for me? Who am I in comparison to God? He already knows my path.. why in the world would I not trust him to show me the way?

"When thou wast young, thou girdedst thyself, and walkedst whither thou wouldest: but when thou shalt be old, thou shalt stretch forth thy hands, and another shall gird thee, and carry thee wither thou wouldest not" John 21:18

In the past, I always got what I wanted... honestly, always! That was not God. It was not based on faith or trust. More so on power. And power can lead you to very dark places. The devil will give you all your heart desires. Unlike God, the devil's gifts are never free -there is a price. You may not see it, blinded by that power, but there is always a price.



So therefore, kneeling before God, I humble myself. May what He wants - be given.


No comments: