Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Staring at the sun.




Does this make you uncomfortable?

I have a friend that called me a few days ago. He had posted something 'from God' under one of my facebook pictures and called me to inquire on why I had deleted his post. One thing he said struck me..

"You can believe whatever you like, as long as we don't have to see it."

I used to say stuff like that. It was fine just as long as I didn't have to see it. Fine as long as I didn't have to hear it. I don't really understand why though...

I replied that I didn't intentionally post my thoughts and pictures to make him uncomfortable.. It's not like I am posting bible verses on his wall. I do it for myself.

We have a jewish friend in common that posts beautiful notes about God and about Light. Why does that not offend him? How is that more acceptable than my page?

It is amazing how just seeing or hearing the name Jesus can make a person so uncomfortable.. Why is that?

He said that my beliefs were 'leaking' out of my profile. (When you post something on your page.. it shows up on everyone's home page)

I am glad that my profile is 'leaking'.


Not much wisdom in this post.. just questions.. curiosities..

Thoughts anyone?

No comments: