Sunday, September 16, 2007

A message from a friend...

Received this the day before my baptism.. Words...What a beautiful gift.

Cindy...I wanted to write you a little bit of where my heart is at. You have been on this incredible journey since June 16th, 2007. It seems to me that Jesus took one look at you and couldn't look away. I mean he always had his Eye on you but for some reason it's like your eyes connected and you were DONE from then on. The night before this huge declaration of Faith in Jesus is the reason I write to you. I want you to know that everything past is gone...the moment that you made a decision to love HIM..he wiped everything away and gave you a beautiful new Beginning. You will walk into that water tomorrow in front if your family, friends and many people that could mean different things to you along this journey. As we watch you make this declaration we will stand with you and celebrate this New Life!! These are the people that one day will hold you accountable to walk when you would much rather SIT!! You are growing so much and the transformation that had happened in your life increases my faith...though I had little to do with any of this...we give HIM all the glory!! I am trully blessed to have encountered you on this journey and to have the priviledge of sharing in your triumphs and defeats is my greatest fufillment. Yes often it has been difficult but loving unselfishly and enduring with you through different tests has been the most rewarding time of my life. I'm not sure if you can deeply understand what that means to me. I have gone through some different trials of my own this year and it seems that through you Jesus has been speaking. As stubborn as i am...i often resist but gently he restores me. ....................
I am commited to Jesus and I am committed to you. I need you to know that...not out of obligation...just because I have a deep AGAPE love for you. A love I cannot explain. One that wants to protect you from anything that will hurt you...but I realize that you will and are making your own decisions. I pray for you always and I know I am sometimes silent...but in the quiet I constantly present you before Him praying that you will Run the good race...never give up and never settle for cheap imitations of the real LOVE that you found. I want you to know that tomorrow I watch my SISTER baptized into the greatest family and I want her to know how much I love her..................
I am so proud of you and your incredible step of Faith. May the Jesus you met...be with you forever and EVER. Till Heaven Cindy...I wonder if our rooms are next to each other?? LOL!!

Standing behind you always,
your sis

No comments: