Sunday, September 16, 2007

My Baptism September 16th 2007

I am writing so as to not forget what I felt, experienced today. It was such an overwhelming feeling of joy, it is hard to put into words...

I do not think that I have EVER felt such love...
Love.. THAT is what I felt as I came out of the water... I wanted to laugh, I wanted to cry, I wanted to yell from the rooftops.. I felt completly engulfed in love. Wow.

I am so thankful for Westside for sharing this moment with me. I was blown away by the involvement of the community from set up to take down... from cooking to cleaning up.. I have never felt such a sense of belonging and for this, I thank you.

I was blessed to have so much family attending. My cousin Cindy & Boris who have known Jesus for over a decade.. I thank you for your prayers.
My mother... I thank you for confirming the changes I have been through, confirming the joy you now see in me. I thank you for supporting me on this journey.

Paul, it was an honor to be baptized at the same time as you. I find it astonishing, how two different people with completely different stories have come to know the same Jesus.

Dave and Franca, I thank you for offering your home for all of us to celebrate as a community. It was a beautiful day. Thank you for all of your hard work, your guidance & support. I am extremely grateful.

Christina and Elijah... there are no words to describe the love I feel for you. You have both been there from day one... In such a short time, you have taught me the true meaning of friendship. It meant the world to me to have you both with me today.


Overwhelming love are the only words I truly have to describe today. A love that engulfes you entirely and brings tears to your eyes.

Thank you Jesus.
May you always keep this moment in my heart.

No comments: