Saturday, September 29, 2007

Transformation.


Something deeply touched my heart tonight.. A great realization.. I am human!!

Humans laugh, cry, hurt, love... I was created with those characteristics.
Along the way, I have picked up, learned other characteristics...
I have accumulated habits, attitudes, coping mechanisms & defenses.

Which leads me to transformation....
Webster’s Definition of Transformation :
A conversion, revolution, makeover, alteration, or renovation.

Nowhere in this definition do we see the words immediate, instantaneous...

God is working on my heart each and every day. I am learning. LEARNING.
There is a difference between changing and learning.
Anyone can change overnight.. but will it last?

Learning is letting each lesson sink in. You learn through trial and error. To learn is to seek the truth. To want the truth.

God is working on my heart each and every day. I am unlearning. UNLEARNING.
I am unlearning old habits, letting go of parts of me that I picked up along the way. Parts of me that he did not create. Parts of me that are not in his image.

I see it as peeling, carving, chiseling my heart.

I am not making excuses for my actions.
But am coming to an understanding that transformation is a 'process'. As long as I seek with every lesson, every tribulation, every temptation, as long as I always turn to Jesus, even if sometimes in hindsight.. then I am on the right path towards restoration.

I have an honest desire to be restored. Which that in itself is a transformation.
I come to the Lord with an open heart and am thankful for every trial and lesson before me. I know that as I open my heart to him, He will teach me.

It is painful. It is sometimes frustrating. But I am so grateful. What greater thing can anyone ask for than to have their heart transformed, restored by the one who created it? How great is His love that he would even take the time to work on me?

So I, human, will keep on walking this walk with the one I love. And along the way, he will always love me.
And together, by the choices He places before me and His immesurable grace and love... I will be transformed.

PSALM 119

No comments: