Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Thoughts...

"Watch and pray, lest ye enter into temptation.
The spirit truly is ready, but the flesh is weak." Mark 14:38
The spirit truly is ready - The spirit knows. It is willing and is aware. It discerns.
But the body is weak.
Ha! You know when something deep in your heart tells you not to do something. Stays.. weighs on your heart?
Sometimes you know that a place, an event will lead you into temptation.. you know. You rationalize, saying you are strong enough to resist.. nonetheless.. you know. You know that if you were to give in, you would have to close your eyes, harden your heart, and cover your ears... ummm, you would have to 'give in'.
And at the same time as your heart screams NO.. another part of you is screaming BUT just as loud.
Watch ye - Use caution. Be careful. Be aware.
AND PRAY!
This is the first time in my walk that I choose not to test what I hear. It is not the most pleasant choice to make.. going the other way would be much easier. As I said, close my eyes, close my ears. But this time, I choose to trust. I choose to follow even if my inner core is screaming "BUT". I am going against myself because ........
.....
because I know it is right.

No comments: