Sunday, September 16, 2007

My Testimony

Dear Jesus,
It's me again... I want to thank you for gathering everyone here today, thank you for allowing me to share such a special day with my true friends, my family and my community.
I’m finding it hard to talk about myself today because it’s not about me. It’s all about you. About your great, unbelievable forgiveness, your love and your grace.

Grace… grace is seeking, forgiving and loving someone who truly never deserved it. How grateful I am, that you saved me. Me… the promiscuous girl. The girl who ran away to Cuba twice in a month and came back feeling as empty as when she had left. The girl that prided herself on the how much alcohol she could drink. The one that nobody could approach, let alone dare speak to because my raging heart would lash out at them. The girl that refused to have a bible in her house!!! The girl that felt nothing but anger, rage, hate and numbness.

Me.. the girl living in darkness.

Nonetheless, by grace, through the prayers of my family and co-worker… you saved me…

They have all said, that they would have never imagined it to be me, that I would probably be the last to be saved, and yet.. you found me.

I was running in a completely different direction and yet … through the casual conversation, in the middle of a club, with one of your children, Lord, you found me.

And then a few nights later, no longer able to live surrounded by darkness, no longer able to live with the darkness in my heart, I sat alone sobbing. I asked you to forgive my sins. I asked that you come into my life and show me the light I had seen in others.

Since that night, you have shown me nothing short of miracles, within myself and my surroundings. The drinking t-shirts are gone, my old ways are now meaningless and my heart is beginning to soften.


I must admit, along this walk I have struggled, I have stumbled.. But yet, with every fall, you have taught me beautiful lessons. I am also convinced that I will always have you Lord to turn to.

You have wowed me, guided me, consoled me, LOVED me.

To my family, Cindy Louise, Boris and the Westside Community. I thank you.
To 'my mules', my brother and sister, Elijah and Christina.. I love you and I thank you.
To my Savior, my Teacher, my Friend.. Jesus.. I thank you.

I pray that I always keep my eyes on you. I thank you for your love, forgiveness and grace. Lord, I give you my heart. I love you because you loved me first.
Thank you Jesus.

No comments: